Primary immunodeficiency caused children and young adults to have infections that recur frequently or are unusually hard to cure. In America, up to 0.5 million people suffer from an immunodeficiency. If you are affected by two or more of the following warning signs, consider screening for immunodeficiency.
- Eight or more new ear infections within one year
- Two or more serious sinus infections within one year
- Two or more months on antibiotics with little effect.
- Two or more pneumonias within one year
- Failure of an infant to gain weight or grow normally.
- Recurrent, deep skin or organ abscesses
- Persistent thrush in mouth or on skin after age 1
- Need for IV antibiotics to clear infections.
- Two or more deep-seated infections
A family history of Primary immunodeficiency.